Friday, April 15, 2011
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
We have a Giant in the house!! Grant started T-Ball practice last week, and was SO excited. He did some hitting:
He was focused the whole practice, which is saying a lot!!
After practice every good player needs to take a nice long bath to relax those muscles:
When I went to say goodnight, this is what I found:
(if you could see the rest of his room you would realize that this is an AMAZING thing for him to do)
This is what I found standing at the top of the stairs the other night:
Don’t you remember wearing your dad’s t-shirt to bed as pajamas? I sure do!! Childhood memories………..
Just wanted to update on what Emma has been up to lately:
-Mad Science: Emma just got done with an 8 week after school program. Every week they learned about a different science term like static electricity, sound waves, optical illusions, and colors. They would then get to do a hands on experiment that they brought home. She had a really good time.
-Activity Days: Since Emma turned 8 years old she has been going to Activity Days at church twice a month. This is a group of girls from 8-11 years old who meet together. They learn about gospel related topics, do service for other people, and just have fun together. She is working on different goals to earn her “Faith In God” award.
-Indoor Soccer: Emma just finished another indoor soccer season with her team-The Cheetah’s!! They are going to play their semi-final game this weekend, and we hope to be attending the Finals next weekend. Her favorite position is Goalie and Defense.
5 year old boys have SO much energy!! I amazes me every day to see the amount of energy that this boy has. For the last 6 weeks Grant has been taking a gymnastic class and has LOVED every minute of it!!
All the parents sit behind a glass wall and watch. I think I found myself mouthing the words, “Slow down!!” every session. Because even after a day of preschool he would have a TON of energy in gym class. Like he couldn’t move to the next thing fast enough. He usually did the flips over the bars all by himself and not even wait for the teacher to help, because he was tall enough and wanted to move on. Can I get some of that energy in a bottle??
(sorry for the fuzzy picture, taken on my phone)
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
When this kid gets an idea in his head there is no stopping him!! All day today he was talking about money....blah, blah, blah. Then he decided that he needed to earn so money. So I gave him a list of things he could do for me to earn some, but he told me "Mom, I don't want to get dollars from YOU, I want them from other people!"
Then he disappeared for awhile and asked me how to write $1. Then he got the card table and decided he was going to make a lemonade stand. Remember, it was pouring down rain at this time. So I did my best to put him off, but by 4:30 the weather had cleared and he had set up shop at the end of the driveway! The end result was $3!!!
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
As many of you have heard Tuesday January 11th my mom she suffered a massive stroke. She had been in Arizona with my family and it happened in the Sacramento airport right after she landed.
After starting out at UDC Med Center (where she received excellent care in a timely manner), she was transferred to Kaiser South, and then a Kaiser Rehabilitation center in Vallejo.
In the beginning she had complete paralysis of her left side, including trouble swallowing and vision impairment. . Sherrie has spent more hours than I can count down in Vallejo with Mom and helping to get the house ready for her to come home. Blogging has not even been on her radar.
After a month in Rehab she was released to come home on Thursday and is doing well, but still has a long way to go. But it will be really nice to have her closer.
We have put together a blog to keep everyone updated on what has been going on and will continue to up it regularly, it is:
Sherrie wanted me to thank everyone who has brought in meals, picked up kids,and helped in any way. Hopefully now that mom is home things will fall into a routine soon and Sherrie will be back soon blogging herself.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Before Christmas Grant got to go to work with Daddy while I had a doctor’s appointment. I think we might have a future Project Manager in the making:
They even got to go on a job walk, and see all the “worker men” (as Grant calls them)!!
Just got one of “those” emails today that I usually delete, but for some reason with the new year starting I guess we all take a look at our own lives, evaluate what we want to change, give up, do better, do more, etc. And I looked at this list through those eyes:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
46. Don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff.
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Then the best part he and Sterling got to have a sleep over!!! They had so much fun playing video games and being boys!
The next morning on Grant's actual birthday- the highlight was his box of Lucky Charms for breakfast!! Gotta love a kid who is easy to please.
I’m having a little bit of a hard time with this one. Arriving into this world 10 days late at a whopping 10 lbs. 12 oz., Grant has always done things on his time schedule, his way! His independence is one thing that I have always admired about him. We love Grant for his sense of humor, his boundless energy, his loving heart, his abilities to make and be a friend, and his spirituality. He might be turning 5, but on the other hand………..he is my baby!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT!!
WE LOVE YOU!
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Sorry about the sideways pictures Sherrie uploaded them and i don't know how to fix them.