Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sticky Fingers

Emma and Grant are OBSESSED with St. Patricks Day and Leprechauns this year. They both wanted to go out tonight and try to catch one--until Daddy scared them!! This was the conversation at bedtime:

Grant: I don't want to sleep in my bed, leprechauns might get me.
Daddy: The house is locked, they won't get you.
Grant: They might climb up the walls and sneak in my windows.
Daddy: The windows are locked and they can't climb up the walls.
Grant: What if they climb up using their sticky fingers.
Daddy: Leprechauns don't have sticky fingers.
Grant: What if they eat a cupcake and get sticky fingers from the frosting, and THEN climb up the walls in sneak in my windows.
PAUSE, PAUSE, PAUSE
Daddy: Do you just want to sleep in our bed tonight?

(Have you ever read the story, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie?"--sound familiar)

1 comments:

Tom & Katie Hall said...

hahaha this is SO cute! :)