Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Recap



We spent this Thanksgiving with the Redfearn side of my family. We (me, Jamie, Emma, Grant, Grandma Redfearn, and Grandpa Redfearn)all piled into the car on Tuesday afternoon and headed to St. George Utah. We stayed in Barstow, Ca. that night and drove the rest of the 4 hours into Utah the next morning. Our visit was filled with catching up, or meeting (Grant had never met his Great Grandman and Grandpa Redfearn)family memembers. Thanksgiving dinner was held at my Uncle John & Janice's house. It was nice to have a meal together, sit around and play dominos, watch football, sleep, play, etc. Emma had some girl cousins to play with and Grant had some boy cousins to play with.

The next day mom, Emma and I did a little shopping. Nothing crazy like at 5am, just a few stores while the boys stayed at home. We also hit a craft fair. Nothing like a craft fair in Utah!! That evening they turned the lights on at the St. George Temple. So we all went out for a stroll around the grounds. I say that with great sarcasim in my voice. Because as you can see from the pictures our "stroll" including tree climbing, running down the paths, trying to drink from the fountain, and knocking on the doors. This was the day before we got back in the car for a 10 hour ride, so I guess I was trying to be a little forgiving!!

All in all, it was a great time! I am thankful that I have a wonderful family who drives me crazy, but keeps me laughing while doing it. A husband who loves his kids, and know how to keep me smiling (most of the time). Parents who love me and my crazy family (in spite of the tree climbing at the temple), and still come over for dinner after we have spent 10 hours in the same car. I am grateful for friends, for friends that are an extention of my family, for the job that Jamie has, for my calling in the church, for mine and my families health, for the comforts of life that we get in enjoy without too much of a struggle. I think over these last couple of years, with economic times getting tougher, it was a little easier to sit down and count my blessings. I pray that I will remember to keep counting throughout the year.

0 comments: