Saturday, August 8, 2009

Not a Pioneer Woman

Do you have one of these gigantic bowls from Tupperware? Mine is actually white with a blue lid, but my mom had an orange one growing up. If you ever need to do a BIG job--this is the one you get out--it holds 32 cups!!

Today I made salsa--32 cups worth! We had a TON of wonderful Roma tomatoes in our garden that needed to be used ASAP, so this was their resting place. Fiesta anyone, I'll bring salsa??

**Side Note***I just wanted to say that this is one more reason I'm not cut out to be a pioneer woman. There were many other things that needed to get done today (or just sit around and do nothing since my family has been sick all week). But the tomatoes had to be used, so this is what we did. I love having a garden, but it is a little demanding on the schedule. Now I have to figure out what to do with all the carrots! Any ideas??

4 comments:

Cindy Jensen said...

Are you selling tupperware now too?

Bob and Debbie said...

Send me some of the salsa and the carrots. My kids loved them when we were there.
Are you all getting better now?

Christy said...

How funny, I am making salsa tonight because of all our tomatoes! It must be the season!

Alisa Pierce said...

I buy salsa from the store...how lame am I?????