Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Water Bottle


Today in church Grant's teacher wasn't there, so I sat with them through music and lesson time. It was a hard day from the time he got up, so by the 2nd hour of church, you can only imagine what state of mind we were BOTH in. He was sitting on my lap, sitting in his chair, taking his shoes off, laying on the floor, was hungry, wanted something to drink, etc, etc. I was about to LOOSE it right then and there. He reached over and picked up the water bottle (that I had given into and just let him keep at his chair at that point), took a drink, then put his finger in the water and said, "Look Mom, my finger is getting baptized!" What else could I do but laugh?

2 comments:

Bob and Debbie said...

He is so lucky he is so darn cute sometimes!!! I sure miss you Grant!

Jami said...

He is so much like his daddy it kills me!! Except jamie was saying things like that in college. We will see in 20 years if father and son are the same.