Monday, May 18, 2009

Wish Bone



I have fond childhood memories of the wish bone. It seemed like there was always that wishbone sitting on the kitchen counter drying out waiting to be broken. We would check on it every day until it was ready. So when I got a whole chicken from the store the other night for dinner, the first thing I did was get the wish bone out and cleaned off. Then I explained to the kids about it and they waited for it to dry out. Here is what they wished for:

Grant: To be able to fly
Emma: To live in a land of candy

2 comments:

Christy said...

What great wishes! I too remember waiting for the turkey wishbone every Thanksgiving. It was always hard because it seemed to take FOREVER to dry out but the wishing part was always worth it! By the way, who won!?!

Scott said...

Ahhhh! They can't tell you their wishes -- they won't come true! (Which really would probably not be a bad thing.)