Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just Because


Sometimes I feel like Grant gets the short end of the stick. He is so different from Emma, and lately he has been showing this true colors, and we have been clashing on a daily basis. But today I saw a side of Grant that I rarely see, and it made me stop and think. So I just wanted to let him know how much I love him...even when we are having one of "those" days.

Today Grant and I went over and stayed with my grandpa "Poppy." Poppy is living at my parents house right now and they both had other things they needed to do, so Grant and I went over this afternoon. The first thing Grant did was run upstairs to say "Hi". And he chatted it up for quite awhile. As the day progressed, whenever I couldn't find Grant, he was in "talking" to Poppy. Or when we needed to take lunch up to him, he was right by my side holding the apple and ice for his water. He just made me smile (and I think Poppy enjoyed it too)!

Grant has so much energy. Just tonight I was watching him as he was running around the kitchen chasing a bear!! He is always a cowboy, or a ninja, or and army man. He is constantly giving us direction on who we should shoot, hide from, run from, etc. Its like there is always some kind of movie playing in his head, he is the director, and we are the extras.

Grant is wise beyond his years. Sometimes in the heat of a "discussion", I have to stop myself and remember that he really is only 3 years old. He has such a vocabulary, and quick wit about him, that he really can carry on like a teenager. And I think he knows exactly what button to push with me! But then he can use that same wit and charm to have me rolling on the ground with laughter.

Grant is a good friend. He loves, loves, loves to be around people. He has MANY friends and can always find a new one wherever we go. Just yesterday, after we went to the farms market, the kids wanted to stop and watch a softball game that was going on in the park. So we went and sat on the bleachers. Before I knew it Grant was playing tag with the little girl on the other end of the bench.

I am so lucky to have him as a son....sometimes I need to take time to remember it!! Thanks for letting me brag!

1 comments:

Scott said...

Awww...I wish we lived closer so Charlie and Grant could spend more time together. Charlie needs someone to help him develop his imagination.