Friday, November 7, 2008

Daisy Scouts

Last night Emma joined the local Daisy Troop. Daisy's is the first step in the whole Girl Scout process. You are a Diasy for kindergarten a first grade. Her troop has about 15 girls in it right now and she goes to school with more than half of them. Yesterday when we got home from school (at 11:30), she put her uniform on and asked me every 20 minutes how long until her meeting (at 5:30). I guess you could say she was a little bit excited!



Girl Scout Law:

I will do my best to be honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, and responsible for what I say and do, and to respect myself and others, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Girl Scout.

Girl Scout Promise:

On my honor, I will try: To serve God* and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law

3 comments:

Megan said...

How come Emma's Daisy Scout Troop looks so much calmer than Charlie's Tiger Cub Den (could it be that 10 -6 & 7 year old boys can not sit still?)

She is too cute though!
Megan

Mama Thompson said...

What happened to Brownies....?

The Esslinger Family said...

Oh, I remember Girl Scouts! Those were good times, I even got my Silver award!