Saturday, November 8, 2008

Emma's 6th Birthday Party

Last night we had Emma's birthday party. She chose 4 friends and we took them all to the movies to see "HSM3" (High School Musical 3--for all of you without groupies). I have to say it was the funniest thing! I think Jamie aged about 3 years during the car ride over to the theaters. The music was turned up and they were belting it out in the backseat. I think I flashed back briefly to my NKOTB (New Kids On The Block-for the non groupies)days, when MY dad was taking me to a concert. Anyway, after the show we headed over to the local self-serve yogurt shop for cake and presents. Every year I am reminded at how genuine Emma is. She doesn't skip over the card, or hurry onto the next present. She really LOVES everything she gets. I am grateful for good friends, and a wonderful daughter!

3 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

You are brave parents!!!!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday to Emma. I can't believe she's 6. I guess that means that Daniel is 6 too! You are brave parents to take on that challenge. It's good to stop by your blog and see what's happening with you!

Christy said...

How fun! What a great idea! Happy birthday Emma!