Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Homemade Bread--Solo Experience

Tomorrow is Emma's Kindergarten Graduation, so today I thought I would make a loaf of bread for the teachers. A couple of months ago my mom taught me and my neighbor how to make wheat bread. And I have made this recipe in the past also...under the watchful, experienced eye of my mom. But today I flew solo. I think it was successful. But maybe I shouldn't have planned on giving away the FIRST loaves I tried on my own. Sorry Kindergarten Teachers!! I hope you fill out Emma's report card BEFORE you eat your bread!!



The Finished Product:


This was the tag we attaced to them. "You RAISE the bar for great teachers. We KNEAD more teachers like you. Please DOUGHn't forget to have a great summer."

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I think we need to break up! I think it's your turn...Amy and I need to have an intervention

Kristi said...

Love the bread idea for teacher's gifts! May just have to steal that one! And I think your "solo" attempt looks pretty tasty. Way to go!

Cindy Jensen said...

Ahhh, that is so cute. I think that your bread turned out great and I bet it is delicious.

Bob and Debbie said...

They turned out really good. I wish I enjoyed baking, and that I lived closer so I could talk Mom into baking for me!! She always does something when she comes to visit!