Thursday, February 26, 2009

Once There Was A Doughman....

When Jamie and Emma are left alone, they come up with very fun things to do. The other day I put Grant down for a nap, then headed off to do some errands. While in Walmart I get a call, "Mom, do we have any yeast? Me and dad want to make bread, but we can't find any yeast." So I told them were to look, but we didn't have any. Lucky for them Walmart had the little packets and I picked some up. When I got home with the yeast everything was measured out just WAITING for the yeast. Off they went!! By the time the dough was done Grant was awake and wanted to participate in the fun. It is a Grandma Cahoon tradition to make Doughmen when you make bread. So this is what they came up with:

And the dough never really made it into the oven, we made scones instead!! Yummy!

3 comments:

The Esslinger Family said...

So cute and I love scones, with a little honey! Yummy!

Alison said...

I am glad it was tramatic for them to deep fry their creations! What a cute idea and adorable pictures!

Alison said...

I meant to say "not traumatic"! I remember throwing a crawdad in a boiling pot of water and about freaked out!