Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Trip To Reno


(View from Randy's front door--Mt. Rose)


Last weekend we were able to take off for an early Easter weekend getaway. My brother Randy lives in Reno, and we went to go stay and play at his house. When we first got there we unpacked our stuff and headed up the hill for a quick quad ride before dinner (the trail literally starts down the street from his house). Emma rode with Jamie, Grant rode with Randy, and I went solo. The boys took off full throttle leaving me to hold on for dear life to just keep up. I stopped about halfway up the mountain, knowing that if I went any further, I just might have to push my quad back down (I was a little scared). It was so cool to see wild mustangs by the dozen just roaming around.

We were able to relax, talk, eat (some yummy, yummy BBQ--thanks Randy), quad, take walks, and visit Virginia City. Virginia City is about 20 minutes away by car, and about 1 hour (or 2 if you get lost) by quad. Jamie and Randy rode the quads on the way their, and Grant accompanied them on the way home. And believe it or not, he fell asleep for about 30 minutes of the ride!! While in Virgina City we went in a ton of store, ate FRESH doughnuts, took a mine tour, and even caught a LITTLE parade (I do mean LITTLE, only about 8 minutes long)!

Thanks Randy and Leslie for entertaining us for the weekend!!


1 comments:

Adri said...

Sherrie! I noticed this familiar name "Cahoon" on my "blog followers" list....I'm so, so excited that you found me! Why didn't I even know until now??? I'm dying to hear all about your life, kids, where you live, and, of course, your crazy Jamie! Please e-mail me when you have a minute: chadandadri at aol dot com.