Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Turning Over A New Leaf


Dare I say that Emma has gotten over her fear of dogs? Probably not, but we made HUGE strides this weekend. While visiting my brother this weekend, Emma made friends with his dog, Hank. It was rough going at first, but then she really warmed up to him. By the end of the second day she was walking around the house (not hovering on the furniture), and playing fetch with him. At one point I even caught her sitting on the ground next to Hank watching TV, and very gingerly laid her head next to his. My heart almost jumped out of my body!!

Does this mean a new addition for the Cahoon family......probabably not!! But we might be able to go to the park without the paralyzing fear that used to prompt Emma up to the tippy top of the slide whenever she would see a dog.

BABY STEPS!!

0 comments: