Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Years In Tahoe




We spent our New Years In Tahoe this year. Jamie and I took the kids up for 4 days and we had a great time. We took them to the snow 1 time last year and Grant didn't really like it so I was a little cautious. But as soon as we pulled into the parking lot of our hotel the kids were out of the car digging in the snow and throwing snowballs. Grant's favorite saying the whole trip was, "Snowball Fight!" And let me tell you, he has a pretty good aim.

One of the most impressive things I've seen is the picture above. Looking at Lake Tahoe from the shores of the beach covered in snow--at sunset! It really is something I won't forget.

Another highlight of the trip was the day we went snowmobiling. Jamie talked me into all of us going. I was trying to talk him into going on a trail close to our hotel, so that Grant and I could go back when he got tired of the snow. But he won, and off we went with our snow clothes, lunches packed, and the snowmobile. We left around 10am and didn't get back until about 3pm. It was a great day! Once we hit the trial we took the snowmobile about 20 minutes back into the trails and found a great meadow area to play in all day. Grant made a snow angel, Emma rode in the tub and NEVER got thrown out, I made it the farthest down the sled hill, and Jamie only got the snowmobile stuck ONCE! I guess Grant has found a new love for the snow. He played so hard, he even fell asleep on the snowmobile driving back out on the trail. Could we ask for anything more? It was a great way to start the new year!

0 comments: