Saturday, September 6, 2008

1st Soccer Game



Today was Emma's first soccer game. As you can see by the photos above, this is 5-6 year old soccer. The highlights were, talking with her friends, water breaks, and ORANGES!!! No, really though it was a good game. I think they won like 5-0! Emma didn't score any goals but she was a contributing member in other ways. It looks like defense might be here niche--once we had a conversation during halftime about moving around the field, even when your on defense. She said, "Oh, I thought my feet were supposed to be glued to the field!" One down, nine more to go. I can't believe by the end of the season we'll be wearing jackets and gloves, because today we played in 100+ degree weather! YUCK!!


2 comments:

The Esslinger Family said...

Love the orange grin! Priceless! You are officially a soccer mom!

Mama Thompson said...

Love your new background!!! And I love Emma...pretty sure "treats" were my fav part of all the sports I played as a kid!