Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kindergarten

I think I would be the worst mom in the world if I didn't post about the first day of Kindergarten for Emma.
She had to start off the day with a bowl of oatmeal. She said it would make her smart










Then of course mom had to make her pose by the front door. I know we all remember taking that first day of school picture.













And then Grant of course had to be in the picture too. He really thought he was going to go to school with Emma (notice the backpack)!!














Emma was very excited to meet her new teachers, Mrs. Casillas. We couldn't have asked for a better person suited to Emma's personality. She is as sweet as she looks in this picture.













She was ready and eager to get started right when we walked in. They started off with a picture while we told the teacher pick up plans, and then went right into their day. I had to catche her attention when we left--she was SOOOOOO ready to be in kindergarten.










From what she told me after school, this was the coolest thing of the day: "When we are doing something, and its time to do something else, and Mrs. Casillas wants us to stop, she turns off the lights, we put our stuff away/down, and we put our hands up in the air!" (all said in one breath)















And this was Grant at the END of the day. After getting over the inital shock that he wasn't going to school with Emma, the backpack went with us EVERYWHERE! And just this morning, we had to get his backpack before walking out the door. Oh well, whatever works!

2 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

Yea...I am so glad you are back! Woohoo! I LOVE the vid of me and Jamie on the guitars...if you can, will you email it to me...and the pic of us 5 girls at Devs...and any others you think I may like!!!

coach mike said...

I think that more than oatmeal makes Emma smart - she has a smart mom too =).